On November 16th on the road, the Tigers beat the Hornets, 59-54.
The game came down to a big separation in offensive rebounding and a somewhat smaller advantage in three pointers.
Savannah State made a huge difference on the glass, 17 offensive rebounds to five. Savannah State sealed it with 18 points from three-point range compared to nine from Alabama State.
Rashad Hassan led all scoring for the Tigers with 19 points on 72% shooting in 25 minutes. Jyles Smith helped out with 11 rebounds.
The Tigers sit at 3-1 early in the season.
The next game is against UCF on the road on November 18th.
Savannah State Game Notes:
- Jyles Smith recorded the 10th double digit rebound game of his career.
- The top two rebounders (Jyles Smith and Rashad Hassan) accounted for 45.0% of the rebounds.
- Rashad Hassan has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Jyles Smith has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 4 games this season.
- Rashad Hassan has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 4 games this season.
Alabama State Game Notes:
- The bench recorded more rebounds (16) than the starters (13).
- The top two rebounders (Bobby Brown and Jamel Waters) accounted for 43.3% of the rebounds.
- Josh Freelove accounted for 31.4% of the team's points.
- Josh Freelove has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This loss extended the Hornets losing streak to 4 games.
Check out the complete Games Notes
Tags: Rashad Hassan
, Jyles Smith